Monday, September 20, 2010

Words don't come to mind.
Stumble stumble stumble
mixed in a mass of microphones

Bleeding the song.

I truly believe that once you put the words in motion
they must continue to move..like an ocean

Formal writing: the cracked toe under a metal bed post
and the limp luggage after a long flight.

It's never a friend. a never ending circle of the wheres and the whats
with quotes and originality.

Artless.
Artless like the lions on 6th avenue.
Stone statues adorning kung pao's
Waiting the day to break.
So they can eat the owners.

Conventions. Can't stop them
we live within their borders. Both the real and the fake.
We sit in our lawn chairs and proudly say we are conventionless.
Though thats a convention in itself.

Happier times and places where learning isn't and doesn't feel like a convention.

I procrastinate sleep so I don't have lie awake and run the lists in my head.
Further myself from the dawning of the lions...remarkably thats on a list.

Let me get back to my roots.
Roots of happiness.
Sprouts of joy
and sandwiches of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment